The basic definition of Research is , ‘The systematic investigation and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions’. Well, this is what is done extensively in the first step. Basically, Research comprises of creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge and using it to devise new applications. We do it significantly to establish facts, reaffirm the results of previous work and then solve new or existing problems. The primary purpose of basic research is documentation, discovery and interpretation for the advancement of project. Also, this purpose should be clear in every team-member’s mind, may it be the front-end or back-end of the product.
Research individually is a process of various steps to collect and analyze information to increase understanding of the project. Below given are proposition of steps that we follow for fruitful research:
- Data Collection
- Specifying the purpose
- Identification of problem
- Verification of data to solve the problem
- Analyzation and Interpretation of data
- Reporting and evaluating research
- Communicating the findings with Team-Members
The Research Team focuses on some practical crux of the matters such as:
- Tracking the most uncertain and riskiest items first.
- Not picking up tasks mid-sprint as sprints are short enough that can wait or if we DO take something mid-sprint, drop something else so we can still get everything done.
- Tracking the velocity of sprint completion and using that to plan future sprints.
- Trying to break down tasks collaboratively and distribute the stories accordingly.
SHARING THE COMPANY’S APPROACH IN RESEARCH
This stage is crucial for discovering ‘user-pains’ and the solutions to those, apparently not available in the Market. Basically, the Research is emphasized on identifying, ‘What product should be Developed?’
Then, to determine the competitors who have already developed the product and its feedbacks from the user and client ends. Finally, a report is created specifying the possible prototypes that can be developed along with requisite features that is bound to create a difference. Thus, the Research team is responsible to come up with a product that will satisfy user-needs and generate effective revenue from the same.